For the 2012 presidential campaign, Ballwin and Ellisville residents combined filled 340 line entry donations for Barack Obama and Mitt Romney, the Democratic and Republican Party nominees.
With 302 contributions entered from Ballwin alone, nearly 70 percent of the donations were for Obama. All but four of the 38 donations from Ellisville were also put toward Obama's campaign.
The public-record list of contributors in Creve Coeur includes a variety of physicians, attorneys, college professors and business executives who donated to each candidate.
The largest single donations to the Obama campaign topped at $2,500. Contributors added segmented donations as well.
The highest donations included contributions from:
- $5,000 for Obama from Robert W. Phillips of Ballwin, Simmons Firm attorney
- $2,200 for Obama from Jerry Eickel of Ellisville, owner of Bommarito Nissan Honda
- $2,000 for Obama from Paul Neuner of Ballwin, consultant for MINA Systems Inc.
- $1,150 for Obama from Joyce Cacho of Ballwin, president and CEO of Adinura Advisory, LLC
- $1,000 for Obama from Robert Hanson of Ballwin, retired
- $1,000 for Obama from Richard Mayden of Ballwin, endowed research professor of biology at Saint Louis University
- $2,500 for Romney from Ann Wagner of Ballwin, Republican candidate for Missouri 2nd Congressional District
- $1,000 for Romney from Daniel J. Fox of Ballwin, Tristar Capital Partners LLC
- $2,500 for Romney from Menlo F. Smith of Ballwin, chairman of Sunmark Capital
- $2,500 for Romney from Mary Jean Smith of Ballwin
- $2,500 for Romney from David G. Zickel of Ballwin, president of Zickel Flooring
- $2,500 for Romney from Lisa Zickel of Ballwin
- $2,500 for Romney from David Mark Goodman of Ballwin, sales for Roch Tenn
- $2,500 for Romney from Sean M. Patty of Ballwin, investment executive for Warson Capital Partners LLC
- $2,500 for Romney from David B. Peugh of Ballwin, retired
- $1,000 for Romney from Martin Shouse of Ballwin
Patch has created an interactive database so you can see how much your neighbors are donating to the presidential campaign—and to which candidate they’re writing their checks. We’ve included communities across Missouri, so if you want to see what the campaign contributions in St. Charles or Ladue, go right ahead.
Note: The information in this story is based on a search of donations from residents who claimed a Ballwin or Ellisville address as a "Hometown" search. You can also search the database by ZIP Code only.
The information in the database was downloaded from the Federal Election Commission’s website. The data is based on quarterly reports, and is current through July. The data will be updated in mid-October.
See More on Patch
- Ellisville City Council, Parkway/Rockwood School Boards and More in Election 2013 Results
- Ballwin-Ellisville April 2 Election Guide
- Cunningham, McNary Spend More than $50K in Monarch Fire Board Race
- Ellisville City Council, Ballwin Board of Aldermen Candidate Profiles
- Ballwin-Ellisville Election: Submit Your Questions for City Council, Aldermen Candidates