Ellisville City Council has scheduled a special meeting for Wednesday regarding a preliminary resolution to remove Mayor Adam Paul from office.
At the regular council meeting last week, Council Member Michelle Murray proposed a preliminary resolution to begin the process seeking Paul's removal. All council except Paul and Linda Reel voted to approve the motion.
The motion came shortly after the council accepted the Charter Enforcement Commission's negative recommendation to pursue Paul's impeachment based on a resident complaint that claimed Paul violated the city charter.
The special city council meeting is scheduled for 6 p.m. Wednesday at Ellisville City Hall. The resolution is the only action item on the agenda.
Patch is tracking this story as it develops.
- Mayor's Lawyer in Impeachment Case: Ellisville is Squandering Resources
- Update: Ellisville City Council Proposes Resolution to Remove Mayor from Office
- Charter Commission Recommends Dismissal of Impeachment Claims Against Ellisville Mayor
- Impeachment Claim Against Ellisville Mayor Gets 1st Hearing Monday
- Mayor Paul Hires Lawyer, Calls Impeachment Claim 'Frivolous'
- Resident Says Ellisville Mayor Violated Charter; Wants Impeachment