I don't know about you, but over the years, I've acquired quite a stockpile of old electronics: Used batteries, obsolute computers, out-of-date televisions and old cellphones. I've appreciated the chance to shed them at the periodic recycling events that are held around the community.
Ballwinites and Ellisvillers: You have a chance in the near future to get rid of your old electronics.
The city of Ballwin, along with Republic Services, will host a one-day electronics recycling event in two weeks, on Saturday, Feb. 16, from 8 a.m. till noon at the North Pointe Family Aquatic Center, 335 Holloway Road.
Next week, however, Ellisville will start a monthly electronics recycling program at Bluebird Park. The city, in collaboration with Wits Inc., will host the electronics recycling events on the second Saturday of each month through Nov. 9.
The first one on Feb. 9 runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Bluebird Park. The list of items that will be accepted is extensive:
- Batteries up to 5 pounds (free).
- Computers, monitors, printers, cables and peripherals (keyboards, mice, etc.).
- Office equipment, business equipment and machinery including most furniture and operations equipment.
- Networking equipment, server, telecommunications, phones, cell phones, clocks, etc.
- VCR, stereos and audio/video equipment including cable/satellite.
- TVs - all sizes.
- Home electronics, blenders, toasters, irons, etc. and most reusable home furniture (please call).
- White goods: washers, dryers, dishwashers, furnaces, etc. ($5.00 fee).
- Medical equipment and all types of diagnostic equipment.
- Electrical, cabling, communication machinery and equipment.
- Industrial machinery and equipment including power and gas equipment.
- Lawn equipment, tools, old mowers, tillers, etc.
- Air conditioners, refrigerators, humidifiers and other freon-containing devices ($5.00 fee).
- Old motors, transformers and other electrical equipment.
- Car and household batteries and lead items.
- CDs, VHS, DVD, Cassette, DAT and all types of data tapes.
- Holiday lights and decorations.
- Useable toys, shoes and clothes.