Paint Webster celebrates the wonder and immediacy of the art of painting. This annual competition, a program of the Webster Community Arts Foundation, promotes Webster Groves as an artistic community by encouraging artists of all ages from the metro area to paint a Webster Groves scene in 'plein air'. Paint Webster brings together several arts organizations, including the Webster University Art Department, while promoting interest in local fine arts production, encouraging interest in arts patronage and support, and celebrating our community's commitment to the arts.
How do I participate?
* Artist Registration: Click here to register in advance online
OR register day of the event from 8-10 am at Yucandu, 20 Allen Avenue, Webster Groves
Bring your supplies with you. All artists must get their canvas or paper stamped at Yucandu before heading out to paint!
* Paintings Turned in: 3-4 pm to the Monday Club, 37 South Maple Avenue
Be sure to bring your easel for display.
* Awards Reception: 5-6:30 pm at the Monday Club, 37 South Maple Avenue
Over $1,700 in prizes will be awarded
Event paintings will be for sale.
* Paintings Delivered for Exhibit: 7-8 pm at the Old Orchard Gallery, 37 South Old Orchard Ave.
Paintings will remain on display through May 20th.
* Artists may sell Paint Webster paintings at the awards reception and during the display period at Old Orchard Gallery May 13th- 20th.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something