Construction work in the St. Louis metro region stopped for the Fourth of July holiday at noon Tuesday, July 3. Work resumes at 9 a.m. today.
From today through Saturday, July 7, as part of the Fair St. Louis festivities downtown, the Poplar Street Bridge exit ramps to Memorial Drive will be closed.
Other ramps closed for the event include the eastbound Interstate 70 ramp to Memorial Drive/Pine Street, the northbound Interstate 55 on ramp from Marion, and the northbound I-55 exit ramp to Memorial Drive.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until August 2012.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.